Are you ready to enjoy local culture as the heart of Strathfield comes to life?
Experience a feast for the senses with cultural performances, live music, roaming entertainment, various cuisines from local businesses, art projections, lighting installations and more! Strathfield Square will be centre stage as locals and visitors share different cultures through food, music and dance.
Strathfield Festival will run over three days at Strathfield Square:
- Thursday 27 April: 6pm – 9pm
- Friday 28 April: 6pm – 10pm
- Saturday 29 April: 11am – 10pm
Funding for this project has been provided by the NSW Government.
What better way to learn about culture than food?
Strathfield is home to many well loved restaurants and cafes offering a delicious range of culinary treats from different cuisines. Looking for tasty Malaysian hawker food? Who can look past Hojiak? Pop into Lush Bowl N Roll for authentic Vietnamese, Barone for a delicious bowl of Italian pasta or Cafe Crop for a tempting jug of bingsoo.
Want to sit back and enjoy a cocktail as Strathfield Square comes to life? Head over to Barone (1 The Boulevarde, Strathfield) for a selection of different drinks, pizzas and pastas.
Bring your appetite to delight your taste buds and come for a fun-filled day with your friends and family. You will be in for a treat as you experience and enjoy the Inner West culture.
Strathfield Festival Vouchers
Strathfield Festival will feature live music and performances to keep everyone entertained with a large line up on Saturday!
Don’t miss out on:
- Lah-Lah, the grooviest band for families! Lah-Lah introduces children and their families to the wonderful world of music and musical instruments.
- Hot Potato Band’s larger-than-life brass collective is a breath of fresh air, setting a new bar for energetic and interactive musical performances.
- Soulganic is an in your face musical experience that leaves you energised, free and re connected with what life is all about.
- As one of the most well regarded live RnB / Soul / Reggae bands in the country, Suite Az knows what it takes to put on an unforgettable show.
- La Fiesta Sound System combine the best of a DJ set with the energy, musicians and vocalists of a cover band. “La Fiesta” translates to “The Party”, and since 2003, that’s exactly what they’ve been starting.
The full program can be viewed here:
Strathfield Festival will feature dazzling cultural performances ranging from Bollywood dancers, a traditional Welcome to Country with a didgeridoo and dance performance to a lion dance performed on poles.
Head over to Strathfield Square to enjoy unique performances you wouldn’t want to miss.
Strathfield Square will come to life with light and colour as local students artworks will be projected onto buildings over three nights!
Lighting installations will also light up the Square as we showcase the best that Strathfield has to offer.
Cultural organisations will be engaging with attendees at Strathfield Festival to give attendees insight into the programs and services they offer the community. Be sure to swing by and have a chat with
- CASS Care (27 – 29 April)
- Strathfield Australians of Indian Sub-continental Heritage (SAISH) (Sat 29 April from 2pm – 5pm)
- Consulate-General of Japan in Sydney (Sat 29 April from 4pm – 5pm)
Follow us on social media for event updates!
2023 Strathfield Festival Program
Road closures are required to create a safe and bustling event space to activate Strathfield Square.
As a result, the following areas will be closed to traffic between 10pm Friday 28 April and 2am Sunday 30 April:
- The Boulevarde north of Parnell Street traffic lights
- Albert Road between The Boulevarde and Strathfield Square, and
- Churchill Avenue between The Boulevarde and Strathfield Square.
Churchill Avenue between The Boulevarde and Strathfield Square will also be closed from 5pm – 10pm on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 April.
Either side of Strathfield Square may be accessed via Raw Square and Redmyre Road.
Furthermore, temporary changes to parking will be implemented for the duration of the road closures:
- The taxi stand outside Strathfield Station will be moved to 3 Albert Road; and
- The ‘No Parking’ zone at the roundabout at the north end of The Boulevarde will be moved to the south of the traffic lights at Parnell Street.
Strathfield Council would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Hop on the Strathfield Connector! Both routes stop near Strathfield Square making it easier to get to the event. The red route stops at the corner of Elva St and Churchill Ave, Strathfield and the blue route stops along The Boulevarde which is a short stroll to Strathfield Square.
The Strathfield Connector runs every 60 mins from 7am to 7pm.
To plan your trip and track the bus, please click here.
Strathfield Council will operate a free return shuttle bus on a continuous loop between Strathfield Station and Strathfield Park during the Strathfield Festival from 11am – 10pm. The bus will arrive approximately every 20 minutes at each location. No bookings or fares are required.
Pick up/drop-off locations:
- Strathfield Station – in the pick up and drop off area on Albert Rd (across from the Smelly Cheesecake)
- Strathfield Park – 2 stops along Homebush Road (just after Augusta Street and again before Gelling Ave)
Look for the Strathfield Festival SHUTTLE BUS HERE signs.
Limited street parking is available in the Strathfield Council car park (entry via Albert Road) and Strathfield Plaza car park.
Festival visitors are recommended to catch the train to Strathfield, hop on the Strathfield Connector or free shuttle bus from Strathfield Park.
Funding for this project has been provided by NSW Government.
For more information on enhancing your business exposure by becoming a Spring Festival sponsor, contact the Strathfield Council Communications and Events Team:
Phone: 02 9748 9999